During the holidays there are plenty of drinks and food laying around for pests to feast upon and your house also provides them with a nice warm place to live. This is an opportune time for pests to make their way into their home, so making sure your home is sealed up tight will be key to keeping these uninvited guests out!
Here are tips on how to keep your home pest free during the holidays:
- Practice good sanitation habits
- Keep all (non-refrigerated) food in sealed containers, preferably hard plastic, metal or glass.
- Wipe up food debris and dispose of food wrappers and containers.
- Clean up food spills and debris promptly. Splatters and crumbs around microwaves, refrigerators, and sinks are attractive to pests.
- Reduce clutter in kitchen to remove potential hiding and nest sites.
- Fix any leaks or plumbing issues. Water is key to pests survival.
- Prevent pest entry
- Ensure all doors and windows are kept closed and if they aren’t make sure they have screens.
- Use weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Seal cracks and crevices around plumbing and other utility pipes.
Prevention is the number one way to avoid a pest infestation. By following these easy steps you can keep your home and family safe from uninvited pests. If you find that you already have pests or need help don’t hesitate to contact us TODAY!