Do you think you have a bed bug infestation? Have you seen signs of bed bugs? If so, a bed bug inspection is the first step in control. Inspections are offered for residential, commercial and government clients in the San Francisco Bay Area. They are required prior to any treatment for bed bugs, even if bed bugs have already been identified. This is how the presence of bed bugs is confirmed, the level of infestation is determined and a how a treatment plan that best fits your needs is created.
Smaller infestations are managed differently than larger infestations, as well as many sites have specific limitations on treatment. These limitations can include size of the home, layout of the home, how widespread the infestation is, the level of clutter and customer cooperation.
After a positive ID of bed bugs the technician will inform you of the findings and what steps to take next. The technician will also provide a list of sanitation and structural issues that are contributing to the bed bug infestation. A written proposal stating the details and price of the treatment will be provided to you.
Signs of bed bugs we will look for during the inspection
- Live bed bugs
- Blood stains
- Shed skins
Areas we will inspect for bed bugs
- Ceiling/wall junctions
- Personal items stored in and around these areas
How to protect yourself while you wait for your inspection
- Launder all bed linens in hot water and dry on the highest heat setting
- Use soapy water to spray down bed frames, furniture or luggage suspected of being infested
- Install mattress and box spring encasements
- Install ClimbUp© Interceptors on the feet of the bed to monitor activity and prevent bites
- Reduce clutter - Do not store items underneath or around the bed
- Sleep in the same area to prevent movement of bed bugs