Do you feel under-stimulated in your current position? Are you looking for stability and longevity? You are not alone. Join countless others who have decided to take charge of their careers and become a part of one of the fastest growing industries, pest management.
This is an opportunity to develop your skill set, become an authority in the pest management industry, and work with a group of hard-working professionals like yourself.
We are a family owned company that has been providing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) solutions to Bay Area clients for over 30 years. Our mission is to discover, develop and deliver the best services to improve the places we live and work.
The prevention of pests is a public health concern and we specialize in the management of key public health threats in a manner that minimizes impact to the environment and the community.
We are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably an excellent fit for our team!
- You develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with customers
- You can communicate effectively with fellow employees and customers
- You are eager to learn about the industry and IPM
- You have an interest in protecting public health
- You are passionate about helping others
Typical Day As a Technician-in-Training
- You will work on pest control jobs for residential, commercial, and government clients under the supervision of a team lead or supervisor.
- You will assist in identifying pests, their harborage areas, and what is causing them, and aid the supervisor in determining the appropriate IPM strategy.
- You will take advantage of opportunities to look for additional services that the customers may need and notify a manager or supervisor for them to close a sale.
- Study session to prepare for the Structural Pest Control Board Applicator examination.
Details of Position
- Full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the office manager
- Position based out of our San Francisco headquarters (Bayview)
- Pay increases for advanced licensure and certification
- Opportunities for professional development
- Competitive benefits package including healthcare, vacation, holidays, sick pay, 401K, and more!
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 18 years in age
- US Citizen or a valid Authorized Work Permit
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English
- Basic computer knowledge; capable of learning new software programs quickly
- Move or lift 50-100 lbs.
If you are interested in joining our team of extraordinary pest management professionals then fill out an application today. If you want information on licensing opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pestec is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. Pestec complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.