Our cockroach abatement program helps residential, commercial and municipal clients in the San Francisco Bay Area get rid of cockroaches and improve their spaces. Our common sense, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) approach also reduces the health risks this pest can pose to you.
Cockroaches are the world’s super recyclers. An adequate food and water source allows them to survive, multiply and effectively infest your structure in a matter of weeks. Specifically, the German cockroach, the most common indoor species. With that being said, getting to the source of the problem will be the key to cockroach control.
Our processes are guided by research from institutions like the University of California Statewide IPM Program (UC IPM). We also certify 100% of our services as Integrated Pest Management through EcoWise and Green Shield to provide you with the most comprehensive and up to date pest control methods.
Signs of a cockroach infestation
- Cockroach droppings - “frass” looks like pepper or coffee grounds
- Live or dead cockroaches
- Empty egg capsules
An Integrated Pest Management Approach
- Inspection - Look for evidence of cockroach activity
- Identification - Determine what species of cockroach you are dealing with
- Documentation - Structural, cultural and sanitation deficiencies and give recommendations for necessary changes
- Examples: Grease buildup on the stove, plumbing leaks, improper food storage
- Removal - Use of a vacuum with a HEPA filter to knockdown population
- Baiting - Apply baits to cracks and crevices where cockroaches aggregate
- Exclusion - Seal cracks and crevices around the home to prevent harborage
- Follow-up - Re-bait as needed and evaluate the cockroach management program
Our 3 visit German Cockroach Abatement Service
- Inspect for German cockroach aggregations
- Remove cockroach aggregations with a HEPA vacuum to remove ootheca carrying cockroaches, dead cockroaches, and frass from the environment
- Treat aggregation areas with a cockroach gel bait
- Document all sanitation and structural issues that are contributing to the infestation
- Re-inspection, physical removal of aggregations and re-baiting as needed
- Treatment of voids such as under cabinets, behind electrical outlets etc. with borate dust for extended control
- Final service to ensure the population has been eliminated or determine if further treatment is needed
Another important part of the IPM process is exclusion. By sealing up cockroach hiding places you can prevent future infestations. If you need assistance with fixing structural deficiencies we offer those additional services. More information on building pests, like cockroaches, out of structures can be found in the Pest Prevention by Design Guidelines.
With traditional large scale spraying
- Broadcast treatment that pushes the infestation deeper into the building
- Potential harm from use of bug bombs and mass spraying
- Temporary knockdown of cockroaches
- Targeted use of baits in areas where cockroaches live
- Reduction of cockroach allergens in your home
- Effective and long-term treatment